JJ2`s Still Available!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJ2`s Still Available!!

In the ask Jackson section, John said that the Y2K isn`t still available, but the JJ2 is The only difference will be the headstock logo, but that is the least of what I love about this guitar. My next CS Jackson will be a JJ2, short scale with just 1 hum or a MM1 if they come out with it in the same veign. Anybody as excited as I am that the JJ2 is still available? Would you like to see it brought back out as a select series model? Jack.

+1 for the JJ.
    I don't care about it coming as a select as long as I can CS one.

Carved top, Blue Ghost flames or Cobalt swirl.
    Shortscale with ebony board, 27 frets, hom/single config.
    String thru and TOM bridge.

etc etc.
    Now I just have to clear off some of my debt to get it going.

I don't get the problem with the Y2KV though? It's just a roundhorn V , I can't see how Davy-boy could stop it from being produced.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

It's his design.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I don't think Mustaine was the problem...(think about a Gibson body shape being produced by a Fender-owned company)

Comment

It was Mustaine. My CS order was cancelled because of it.
          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

My understanding it was both Mustaine and the FMIC / Gibson relationship - if it was just Mustaine, why no Jackson Firebirds?

I appreciate that the Y2KV is slightly different in shape to a Gibson V, but let's face it, it's pretty damn similar unless you lie on on top of another.....
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli
              My understanding it was both Mustaine and the FMIC / Gibson relationship - if it was just Mustaine, why no Jackson Firebirds?
              ... or explorers, or LPs, and the PL1 supposedly got scrapped as well because it was too "sg-ish"... The Y2Kv mav have been Moosetaines doing, but the rest almost certainly aren´t

I appreciate that the Y2KV is slightly different in shape to a Gibson V, but let's face it, it's pretty damn similar unless you lie on on top of another.....
              +1

Comment

Yipee Skipee!

Comment

Spiffy Doodle too.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I'd take a used one from Ebay if one pops up for $600 like they used to.

Comment

$600, that is awsome, but can you believe some dudes got JJ2`s for like $399 at closeout at Guitar Center if you were there at the right time, now that was a great price!! Jack.

Comment

Working...
                      X